People with similar personality styles tend to display specific behavioural characteristics and traits common to that style. DISC styles are a combination of four behavioural personality types:
DISC Personality Profiling
Personality styles are the language of observable behaviour, and our DISC style can tell us a great deal about how we are motivated, how we prefer to communicate and be communicated with, what drives us, the environments we prefer and our greatest fears.
Utilised by more than a million users each year DISC is the number one personality assessment tool to help improve communication, teamwork, and productivity in the workplace.
The four DISC groups
Everyone shares these four behavioural types in varying degrees of intensity. This means that we all have some of the traits from each of the four types in our personality. However, some people have a high-intensity style, whereas others have more of a combination. It is the intensity of each behavioural type that determines a person’s DISC personality style. There are forty-one combinations in total.
Personality styles refer to our preferences. There is no right or wrong style and there is no good or bad. However, each DISC personality style has its strengths and limitations, and each style requires a different approach.
The benefits of DISC personality profiling
There is a myriad of ways in which understanding your personality style and that of your team can benefit you:
- Increased self-awareness regarding what motivates you, how you prefer to communicate and solve problems.
- Increased emotional awareness regarding your emotional triggers and how you respond to conflict.
- Improved communication skills that benefit you both in the workplace and at home.
- Develop a greater understanding and appreciation for the differences in others.
- Gain credibility and positively influence others.
- Conduct compelling meetings and drive your message home every time.
- Prevent conflicts and resolve them with greater ease where they do arise.
- Build a productive and well-balanced team.
- Assist in recruiting new employees, and the placement or promotion of existing employees.
- Better understand what drives your team members to help them reach their full potential.
- Increase sales by better understanding your potential customers.
- Improve customer service.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our personalities are a combination of traits from all four DISC types. However, your DISC style is determined by your primary and any secondary and tertiary types that appear above the midline on your DISC profiling, identifying one of forty-one potential combinations.
On average it takes around 10 minutes to complete the questionnaire. The questions should be answered instinctively and not overthought to ensure the accuracy of the results.
Following completion of the online questionnaire, a seventeen-page bespoke report will be generated, which identifies your personal style, shows you how your “Public Self”, “Private Self” and “Perceived Self” differ, provides communication tips to improve your relationships with others, your strengths in leadership and identifies areas for personal development.
Absolutely. Once all team members have completed their individual DISC profiles we provide a Group Dynamics report, which provides visibility around the balance of personality styles across the team and any gaps you may wish to consider filling them recruiting new members of staff it the tea. It also helps you to understand your team’s working styles under normal conditions and how the team changes under stress.
Certainly. We work with PeopleKeys specifically because of their commitment to providing DISC tools that you can rely on and adherence to the highest industry standards for validating the accuracy of their products. All of the DISC products we offer are based on thorough research and testing.
Further information on the validity of DISC personality profiling tools used here at Delphinium can be viewed in this DISC Instrument Validation Study from 2015.
Have you got a question that we haven’t already answered above? If so, get in touch and we will be more than happy to answer it for you.