- Understanding leadership
- How to motivate and improve performance
- Solving problems and making decisions
- Planning and Allocating Work
- Understanding innovation and change in an organisation
- Understanding customer service standards and requirements
- Developing yourself and others
- Understanding organising and delegating in the workplace
- Understanding the communication process in the workplace
- How to lead effective meetings
- How to manage remote workers
- Understanding mental health in the workplace
Level 3 in Leadership and Management
The ILM Level 3 in Leadership and Management qualification is ideal if you aspire to be a manager or have any supervisory or management responsibilities but have not received formal training. It is also suitable for you if you are a practising team leader seeking to move up to the next management level. This is an ideal course for you if you are a manager who needs to lead people through organisational change, budget cuts or other pressures.
What are the benefits of ILM Level 3 courses and qualifications?
Results for you
- Gain a range of essential management skills
- Put new skills into practice in your working role
- Build your leadership capabilities
- Motivate and engage your team
- Manage relationships confidently
- Develop your leadership skills using your knowledge, values and motivations
- Increase your likelihood of promotion.
Impact for your employer
- Gain effective and confident first-line managers
- Experience better relationships and communication within teams
- Gain highly motivated and effective teams
- A reduced risk of conflict in the workplace
- A qualification that can be tailored to your organisation’s learning and development needs.
Study units for the ILM Level 3 in Leadership and Management
There are more than 80 units to choose from as part of the ILM Level 3 in Leadership and Management. The course has in-built flexibility so that you can select the most effective units for your development needs and those of your organisation. Here are some of the most popular units:
Focus on the skills you need
Understand leadership, different leadership styles and how to flex your style to get the best out of your team.
Core Management Skills
Develop skills in planning and allocating work, organising and delegating activities.
Perform Management Tasks
Develop your skills to effectively manage performance, projects and lead meetings.
Motivate and leverage your peoples’ strengths to improve performance.
Change and Innovation
Learn how to plan and manage change, and create a culture of innovation.
People and Relationships
Build strong relationships, improve communication and negotiation skills.
The ILM Level 3 in Leadership and Management provides options to study towards one of three qualifications: A concise Award, a broader Certificate or a comprehensive Diploma.
The ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management is a short and concise course with approximately forty guided learning hours. To achieve the qualification, you are required to gain between four and twelve credits across a minimum of two units (topics) and pass an assessment for each topic.
The average completion time for the ILM Level 3 Award is six months. Should you decide to progress to the ILM Level 3 Certificate or Diploma in Leadership and Management, the units you’ve studied for the Award count towards the bigger qualification.
The ILM Level 3 Certificate in Leadership and Management provides a broader knowledge and skills base. The guided learning hours required for this qualification are one hundred and thirty, with a requirement to gain a minimum of thirteen credits and a maximum of thirty-six credits. It is common for learners to study six or seven units when studying towards the Certificate. To achieve the qualification, you must pass an assessment for each study unit.
The average completion time for this qualification is nine to twelve months. Should you decide to progress to the ILM Level 3 Diploma in Leadership and Management, the units you’ve studied for the Certificate count towards the Diploma.
The ILM Level 3 Diploma in Leadership and Management is the most comprehensive qualification with an extensive learning programme. It requires three hundred and seventy guided learning hours and a minimum of thirty-seven credits. The average completion time for the Diploma is eighteen months.