Level 5 in Leadership and Management
The ILM Level 5 in Leadership and Management is designed for project managers, department heads, and other practising middle managers. Develop your skills and experience, improve your performance and prepare for senior management responsibilities.
The benefits of ILM Level 5 courses and qualifications
Results for learners
- Use core management techniques to drive better results
- Develop your ability to lead, motivate and inspire
- Provide strategic leadership as well as day-to-day management
- Benchmark your managerial skills
- Raise your profile in your organisation
- • Increase your prospects of promotion.
Impact for employers
- Encourage strategic thinking at this level of management, to foster business improvement
- Engage middle managers with training and development – this qualification is designed to provide clear, measurable benefits to career minded professionals
- Customise this qualification to your development needs.
The ILM Level 5 Award in Leadership and Management is a short and concise course with approximately sixty guided learning hours. To achieve the qualification you are required to gain between six and twelve credits across a minimum of two units (topics) and pass an assessment for each topic.
The average completion time for this qualification is six months. If you decide to progress to the ILM Level 5 Certificate or Diploma in Leadership and Management, the units you’ve studied for the Award count towards the bigger qualification.
The ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management provides a broader base of knowledge and skills. The guided learning hours required for this qualification are one hundred and thirty with a requirement to gain a minimum of thirteen credits and a maximum of thirty-six credits. It is common for learners to study six or seven units when studying towards the Certificate. To achieve the qualification you are required to pass an assessment for each topic (unit).
The average completion time for this qualification is nine to twelve months. If you decide to progress to the ILM Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management, the units you’ve studied for the Certificate count towards the Diploma.
The ILM Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management is the most comprehensive Level 5 qualification with an extensive programme of learning. It required three hundred and seventy guided learning hours and a minimum of thirty-seven credits. The average completion time for the Diploma is eighteen months.
Focus on the skills you need
How to deal effectively with stress and conflict, manage remote workers and build excellent customer relations.
Assessing your own leadership capability and performance, developing critical thinking skills and delegating authority.
Motivate and lead teams to achieve organisational goals and objectives and making strong and informed management decisions.
Innovation and Change
Foster and facilitate innovation, lead through change and build a culture of continuous improvement.
Develop the skills to help you manage for efficiency and effectiveness, and manage projects that get results
Aligning business processes and resource usage to organisational objectives, policies and procedures.
Units for the ILM Level 5
You can study almost 60 units as part of the ILM Level 3 in Leadership and Management. Here are some of the most popular units:
- Developing Your Leadership Styles
- Managing for Efficiency and Effectiveness
- Developing and Leading Teams to Achieve Organisational Goals and Objectives
- Developing Critical Thinking
- Understanding the Skills, Principles and Practice of Effective Management Coaching and Mentoring
- Stress and Conflict in an Organisation
- Developing Individual Mental Toughness
- Leading Innovation and Change
- Managing Recruitment
- Managing Meetings
- Developing a Culture to Support Innovation and Improvement
Frequently Asked Questions
ILM is the UK’s leading specialist provider in leadership, coaching and management qualifications. They have over 50 years of experience in leadership development and have helped over a million people to develop essential workplace skills that build them up to be stronger leaders. Through accredited centres, ILM set the highest benchmarks for leadership and management performance. T
ILM is part of the City & Guild family and upon completion of your ILM Qualification, you will receive a Certificate of Professional Achievement awarded by City & Guilds. This means you can study safe in the knowledge that you are working towards achieving a globally recognised qualification.
At Delphinium, we are exceptionally proud to be an Approved Centre for ILM. Being an Approved Centre means we meet high-quality standards around the knowledge, skills and experience of our staff, the quality of our training methods and our learning materials.
Our ILM Leadership and Management accreditation programmes support learners to develop the skills and resilience to lead, motivate and inspire while using core management techniques to drive better results. As an organisation, by developing your leaders, you will see increased employee engagement and productivity, as well as increased profitability.
At Delphinium, we place our learners at the heart of everything we do. We firmly believe that anyone who has the motivation and willingness to do so can be a strong leader. We are passionate about harnessing the power of leadership, at all levels, to transform people and their organisations for the better.
We work closely with our learners and their organisations to understand the challenges they face, learners’ existing strengths and areas on which they need to build to reach their full potential.
We offer a range of standard and bespoke training programmes allowing learners and their organisations to choose the course that will have the most impact for them. We also offer self-paced training programmes to enable learners to study at their own pace, anytime, anywhere providing ultimate flexibility.
To ensure our ILM courses and qualifications are accessible to as many people as possible we offer a range of affordable payment options to our learners. Contact us to discuss you’re the options available to you and which payment option may be the most suitable.
We understand that people prefer to learn in different ways. Therefore, we offer a range of options for studying towards our ILM qualification including face to face classroom sessions, virtual training sessions and online training through our e-learning platform.
While studying towards your ILM qualification with Delphinium, you will be supported in the following ways:
- Receive a Candidate Handbook with full details of the course requirements, how to study and write assignments
- Programme induction to welcome you to the programme and introduce your tutor
- Unlimited one-on-one tutor support by e-mail and telephone
- Learners who enrol on Delphinium’s live training programmes will attend highly interactive classroom training, using facilitated discussion, real business examples and group work.
- Learners who enrol on Delphinium’s Online and On-Deman training programmes will access their modules through interactive online learning
- Access to an extensive library of tools, resources and techniques to develop your learning further.
You will also receive a one-year membership to the Institute of Leadership & Management, providing access to a wealth of expertly curated online resources, including interactive tests, guides, journals, webinars, blogs, podcasts and free leadership events. Your membership will enable you to continue to develop your skills and increase your confidence as a leader and expedite your leadership career.
Assessments are vital for checking your progress. At the end of each module, you’ll complete a bite-sized assessment by way of reflective review, a written work-based assignment or a presentation.
This form of continual assessment ensures that your tutor can consistently monitor your progress and provide you with assistance throughout the duration of the course.
The method and number of assessments will be dependent on the modules you study as part of your qualification.
Have you got a question that we haven’t already answered above? If so, get in touch and we will be more than happy to answer it for you.